8.06.2007

Turning Point??

After another intense 'training day' with Anderson, we may have had a turning point this evening. At dinnertime Anderson was not interested in joining Mark & I for dinner and therefore after our 'training' session with him, I wasn't in the greatest of moods. This 'training' can be quite hard on a Mom, for sure! Anyway, I was upstairs sorting thru some laundry when Anderson came up to me & said, "you're not happy, Mommy?" This was the first time Anderson had actually perceived & verbalized someone else's emotions. Needless to say, I jumped on the opportunity to again tell him was I was unhappy and how he could help by being obedient. All this to say, I feel encouraged that maybe some of our 'tough talks' with Anderson will soon bear some fruit! Lord, please help Mark & I persevere in our training efforts to bring up our sweet boys in your way!!!

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

OH Heather! I've been where you are and STILL feel that way at times. It's so hard raising children and sometimes you just wonder if you're doing anything right at all!! YOU ARE!! You are trusting the Lord for guidance and your "tough talks" and "training" days will certainly pay off! The Lord is going to bless your efforts to be Godly parents. Anderson is a sweet boy and he is going to learn how to make right choices and to obey his parents. You just keep plugging away and you'll continue to see glimpses of progress. When you feel like you've passed a hurdle, there will be another around the corner but trust the Lord to give you wisdom and remind yourself of how He is working in Anderson's little heart more and more. Both Anderson and Carter are blessed to have parents that love them so much that you want to train them up as God would have you do. I'm so glad you were encouraged tonight and that you've reached a deeper layer of his little heart. He's going to grow up to be a wonderful little boy who loves and wants to serve Jesus...they both will...I just know it! We're in this journey of parenthood together and if you ever need to just talk...I'm always here! love ya! Beth

Katy said...

Beth's comment pretty much says it all, but I'll echo a great big AMEN! The thing about raising kids is that it is constantly ongoing, working on things over and over. One of the most frustrating things is training them on the same issue over and over! We have ALL been there. But just don't give up - keep working on their little hearts and they DO get it!! You're doing a great job!

dandsratz said...

Heather--I have no doubt that with the great mother that you are, that sweet little boy will learn these lessons and be the perfect sweet boy that you adore so! As I read your blog, I was thinking, I should really pray for all of my friends...our jobs can be just pure hard some days...and so important too, how we are training and shaping such little characters...thank you for your prayer at the bottom, and for showing me that I need to not only pray for my sanity some days, but all of ours through the "parenting venture!" :) Love ya!