8.10.2007

Good intentions...

Unfortunately I think I fall into the category of people who don't 'walk the talk'. I label myself as having lots of good intentions and plans, but sometimes fall short when life gets in the way!! Anyway, I'm trying to right this character flaw of mine and be more realistic with my so-called creative energies -(you know me, I'm the gal who flips thru Pottery Barn Kids saying 'I can make that').... Jen, Jamie & my mother-in-law can attest that I'm a little slow in the scrapbooking department- I've only recently completed the first couple pages of Anderson's book. One day maybe... Jen got me a 'scrapbooking kit' for Carter that should be very helpful and hopefully I can stay more on top of his.... Anyway, that leads me to my activity of the day - ever since Anderson was born I wanted to create a shadow box for him -including his first lock of hair, hospital cap, etc. Several months ago I took the 1st step and actually bought the shadowbox - and Mark has been asking me ever since - what are you going to do with that thing and when? Well, that day has finally arrived (now that Anderson is nearly 3)!!! Today I can say that I can finally check off the shadow box!!!! Hooray!!! (I'm not proud, but pretty close to it!!)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it!! I am so proud of you!! It looks wonderful and what a special way to display those precious little items for Anderson. Now we just have to work on those scrapbooks!!

Katy said...

Good for you - it looks awesome! And now you have 3years to work on Carters!!! And by the way - I think Anderson is the only kid who's first "lock" of hair is a head-ful!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

I love it! I'm so proud of you! I'm a lot like you Heather, I have a lot of things I'd love to do but right now they are distant dreams I hope to accomplish...hopefully before they are fully grown! Good job for getting it done!

Jessica said...

It's looks great Heather ~ Way to go! I'm sure you'll enjoy that for years to come!