8.01.2007

My big baby

Ok so those of you with toddlers know all too well about the 'do it myself' stage. Well that's where we are with Anderson and have actually been in this stage for awhile. Interestingly enough though, since Carter's arrival, its been neat to see Anderson want to be like his baby brother in a few instances. For one, he wants me to hold him & carry him much more often (especially up the stairs). He wants me to carry him inside the house first from the car and then go back & get Carter. At first I honestly have to say I wasn't pleased with this new behavior (my back), but now I find it rather sweet. Now that we have a new baby, I realize how much bigger & older Anderson is and how the years fly by, so I'm just glad that I can still pick-up & hold my little Anderson because I know there will come a day when either he won't want me to carry him or when I physically can't carry him...

Also, Anderson was rummaging thru his drawers and came across a onesie - similar to something Carter might where - so guess what, that's what Anderson wanted to wear! Its so funny that he wanted to wear something like his baby brother, usually its the other way around -right? At any rate, it suffices to say that Anderson is totally in love with this baby brother. He constantly asks me ... "when Carter is bigger, can he play with me?" or "when Carter is bigger, can he watch me play baseball"? It's so cute - he loves his brother so much and can't wait to show him the world!!!

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

Adorable! Love the onesie on Anderson, too cute!! My sister Grace and I were 2 years apart and when she was born my mom said I insisted on trying on her "baby" clothes. I would announce that they didn't fit me and that I would "give" them to my new baby sister. These kids want so bad to stay in control of their little lives! I think it's so cute that he wants to be like his little brother...and it's so sweet that you notice his desire for extra attention from you and that you are giving it to him. Like you said, soon he'll get over it and won't want Mommy to carry him anymore. These will be distant memories! :( Anderson is going to be a GREAT big brother to Carter and I'm sure he'll teach him all kinds of fun new tricks! Aren't boys so much fun! :)

Katy said...

That onesie picture is hilarious!!! I told you he would just adore Carter - they are going to be the best of friends! My boys are absolutely inseparable!

dandsratz said...

Heather--that Anderson steals my heart, and could DO NO WRONG!! He's just TOO CUTE!! I loved this blog!! And here's to the moments that we have our precious little men still in our arms!! :)