8.07.2007

HOT HOT and more HOT!!!

Whew - we've had several HOT HOT HOT days in Va Beach - I think with the heat index its been over 100degrees! Anderson went to 'school' all day Monday so that I could work on Carter's napping skills as well as give some much needed TLC to my house. When Mark & Anderson got home we piled into the car and headed to the Mt Trashmore pool for a quick dip before dinner. Anderson had a great time and Carter took a dip too! Anderson had a pretty good day requiring little correction (thank goodness!)....


Yesterday the boys & me visited with Jenn, Erin & Anna to say 'happy birthday Jennifer'! When we arrived in the 100degree weather, I accidentally 'bonked' Anderson in the head with Carter's car seat (oops) - so he started whimpering and decided he didn't want to come inside to play. So, I had to put the screaming Carter down inside and get the now screaming Anderson to come inside. What an entrance we made to the Maggiores home! Here come the Judds! At least our entrance was memorable -right? Anyway, it was good to see the now year older Jenn and baby Anna, and of course Erin talked it up!!

This morning we ventured to MacArthur mall with Jamie & the kids to play at the infamous 'hot dog'. Of course everyone else had the same idea as us to get inside and avoid the heat, but can you believe that the stinkin A/C wasn't working at the 'hot dog'!!! Anyway, we went to Nordstrom's as we often do to enjoy some muffins and their awesome ginger peach tea. Guess what - they were out of sugar and therefore didn't have any peach tea - just some dreaded 'unsweet' tea! What kind of establishment runs out of sugar? I then asked for a refund and made a complaint. Sorry for complaining but they gotta know that we come just for the tea!!!

OK, I think I'm kind of caught up now!!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Carter looks like he LOVES the pool (or at least tolerates it!) It just makes the heat tolerable! Sorry about your unsweet tea experience - what is this, the NORTH? Good for you for complaining!!

anthonyandbeth said...

love those pool days! Fun that you could celebrate Jen's b-day with her for a while and that you made such an impression upon your arrival! :) We've made those kinds of arrivals and departures! Maybe she got a glimpse of what she's in for! :) Hilarious about the sweet tea! I'm Ms. Non-Confrontational so I'm glad you were able to stick up for yourself. I always have big dreams to and then I just go home! :)