6.02.2009

My 2 Little Fish

WARNING: Proud Mom Alert
Boy oh boy do my little men love to swim. I love that they love the water and enjoy swimming as much as I do. Many of my fondest memories from growing up were at the pool. We spent everyday of the summer at the pool for several hours a day - in addition to swim team early mornings, late nite swim meets, etc. Some of my 1st jobs involved my love of swimming - lifeguarding, teaching swim lessons... In my family, summer = pool.


1 fish 2 fish 3 fish


baby fish
This visit to Jacksonville, Anderson was able to dive in and swim all by himself to the other side of the pool - all in the 'deep end'. It was so great not having to be 'in' the water with him. Of course we were always right there, and I often stood by the edge with a noodle, "just in case", but my little fish never needed my assistance. This is going to be a great summer at the pool for him and I think it will be a breakthrough year for his swimming skills!
Carter, like his brother, wasn't bashful at all with the pool- he is just as fearless of the water as Anderson was as a young toddler. He will totally go and 'jump in' the pool even if you aren't there. A bit scary - suffice to say, he is always within arm's reach anywhere near the pool. Jeepers!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

It cracks me up how unafraid they are of the water. Anderson did a mighty fine dive there. You may be signing him up for swim teams in the future!

Andy and Jen said...

I am so amazed at how well Anderson can swim! And what a great dive!! I need to show that to Caleb, and get him motivated.

anthonyandbeth said...

summer = pool around here too! :) happy swimming with your cutie fish! :)

Natalie said...

Wow Anderson!!!! Great job kiddo!