6.29.2009

12 Years Ago....


Twelve years ago this summer, I met these 2 wonderful girls. We traveled abroad to Europe together with a study abroad program. Caren and Julie had already been long time friends, but the 3 of us instantly hit it off. We had the times of our lives living with French families, drinking in the culture, traveling on weekends to other countries, and just discovering another way of life completely! Our summer experience was one of the best times of my life - I long to travel back to France one day to show Mark & my boys the wonderful places I went as a 21year old girl. Our summer in France has forever bonded me to these girls. Caren and I were roomates together after college and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. Julie & I both traveled to Switzerland to be bridesmaids in Caren's wedding. We were able to get together last week as a threesome and reminisce. We had a grand time in giggles - looking back at pictures from 12years ago and sharing our different versions of the same stories!! Wow, how different our lives are now!!! I wonder what our lives will look like 12 years from now......
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katy said...

there's nothing like friendships that have stood the test of time! it's fun to get together and look back at those pictures (and hairdos!)....imagine what you 3 will be like 12 years from now! Teenage kids! YIKES!

Jen said...

When you say "drinking in the culture" how literally did you mean that???? Just playing with you - I know that must have been a fabulous experience and always bring back great memories with those girls.

Monica M. Judd said...

So glad you girls had a sweet reunion!

Natalie said...

What a great time! So glad you had time to catch up and remember such a great time in your life!