6.20.2009

It's so hard to say goodbye...

On Monday evening we began our adventure of moving out of our dear Virginia Beach home of 5+ years. We drove to Charlotte where we left Anderson & Carter with Mark's older brother's family where they would play with their 4 cousins for several days while we packed up the home where we brought them home from the hospital. While I knew it was the only thing that made sense, I hated that the boys didn't get one last farewell to their 1st home, but I knew that it would take us twice the amount of time & patience if we had little boys in tow! Tuesday afternoon we got to Va Beach where we drove straight to Mark's twin's home to meet our new nephew (see previous post), then we headed to good ole Kempsville Greens to begin the packing & moving process. We took a couple hour break on Tuesday nite to visit with some dear friends, but let's just say by Tuesday nite I was completely overwhelmed at the state of my house. Wednesday we were joined with a force of family members and wonderful friends to get the job done. By Wednesday nite my home was practically packed up in one big Penske truck. Thursday a.m. brought last minute tasks for the bright and early walk-thru and one last stroll thru a home that we have such dear memories of. First, I walked to each room in the home and took a mental snapshot and then allowed my favorite memories to flood my heart - as my eyes welled with tears. The few days prior had been all-business for me - no emotion - Mark had tried to take me down memory lane a couple times, but I dismissed his prods - not wanting to give in, but when I did give in to the memories, I was just overwhelmed. As much as I would complain about our home - the white tiles and white carpet that nearly killed me, I absolutely adore that home. That home represents so much to me - a time period where not only did my family grow, but I grew in many ways -on many many levels. So with that, I need to end this post as I feel those familiar tears welling up once again.


here's the parting shot with a full Penske to drive 10hours!


wow, can you beleive it?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katy said...

it's a strange sort of feeling - seeing it all empty, isn't it?

anthonyandbeth said...

it's sort of hard and exciting all at the same time to say goodbye to what you know and step out into the new! i know y'all have made lasting friendships in VA and will make more in GA too. so happy for y'all!