2.25.2008

'Bout Time!!!!

I think I've shared with a couple friends that on Sunday (March 2nd) I'm getting baptized!! I was baptized as a child in the Episcopal church (sprinkled). I've been making excuses the last couple of years about getting baptized (never enough time, blah blah blah) - but when I saw the 'Baptism Class' advertised in the church bulletin on Sunday I decided enough excuses! Besides the obvious public profession of faith, Anderson will get to attend my baptism and I am excited that my procrastination has an amazing purpose. How awesome will it be to have my 3 year old witness my baptism! As we talk more and more to Anderson about obedience, I want to set an example for him. So to church buddies, I'll be immersed at the 9:30 service - see you on the big screen!!!!

10 comments:

The Petersons said...

Wish we could be there to see it! This will be an incredible opportunity for Anderson. We'll be thinking of you on Sunday. Congrats!!

Jen said...

You Go Girl - I'm proud of you for literally - taking the plunge!

Natalie said...

Yeah! I hope I can sneak away to catch you on the big screen!

anthonyandbeth said...

yeah! i'm so glad we will be there to see you get Baptized! and, like you said, what a wonderful thing for you to be able to share with Anderson and example you're being with your obedience! we'll be looking for you on the big screen! :)

Katy said...

Yippee - we'll be there cheering you on! And I'll be sure we don't go long in Kinetic so we can see the whole thing! :) Congratulations sister!! We're proud of you!

Brent and Kim said...

Congratulations Heather! That is so awesome Anderson will get to see you. I will probably still be in the choir loft after worship for a front row seat :)

Jayne said...

I am so proud of you for taking this step. It may not seem like a big deal, especially when salvation was a while ago, but you said it best. It's all about obedience adn sharing your relationship with Christ with others!! I'll be there cheering for you Sunday.

I also loved talking with you on Sunday. Thanks for the encouragement you gave to me and the little bit of advice on preschool!!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! What an awesome way to show Anderson all about obedience, I know he will be so proud of his mommy! Can't wait to see you up close on the big screen!!

dandsratz said...

Alright Heather--so truth be told--I cried when you got baptized this morning!! It truly touched my heart--what an amazing testimony you were to US ALL!! :) Love ya!

SPAYD FAMILY said...

Congrats Heather! What a great testimony of faith for Anderson to witness. I procrastinated for years too, so you're not alone.