2.07.2008

First Day of School!!!

On Monday Anderson started his 1st day at Greenbrier Christian as a preschooler! Mark & I both took him for his 1st day and helped him hang up his jacket and mosy over to the playarea where they play before their day officiallly starts. I stayed with him for a bit til it was time to go to his classroom. He was very shy but carefully watching all of the children around him. He wouldn't speak to any of the children, even when they approached him. As we headed towards his classroom, Anderson must have sensed my apprehensiveness - - "Mommy, I'm having fun with my new friends!". How precious, he hadn't said one word to his new friends, but he wanted to assure his Mommy that he was going to be fine!!! We got good reports from all we met at his new school about how well he was doing as a preschooler. I'm so proud of my little man.


Katy S started watching Carter on Monday too. Kinda like deja vu since she started watching Anderson at just about the same age! She is such a wonderful friend who has an amazing capacity to love other people's children. We thank the Lord for Katy and her willingness to watch Carter!

Those of you who know me well know that I am constantly restless and worried about my children's care while I'm at work. It is such a wonderful feeling when I'm not consumed with daycare issues - it's always a tough balance for me to be both a Mommy and part-time career gal and daycare challenges always sway the pendulum of self-doubt. I am so thankful and confident at this moment that I have made these changes!!!!

Feeling a lit bit unsure about this new joint!
I suck my fingers when I'm nervous....
Getting out some nervous energy before the bell rings!

7 comments:

Jen said...

He looks so handsome for his first day of school. I am so glad you can rest assured with where your kids are and feel at peace with your current situation. Anderson is going to just love preschool, and Carter will love his time with the Schrodts just like his big brother did. So happy this is all working out - now we'll pray for a house close to these new places!

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm so glad Anderson is enjoying his new school and you have peace about where the boys are when you are at work. i'm sure this takes a load off of you! Anderson looks like a school boy in these pictures!

Rebekah Judd said...

So cute!! I love the sweater choice. I missed hanging out with my favorite boys tonight...glad to see there was a post I hadn't glanced at yet. See you guys next week.

Jamie said...

I am so thrilled that Anderson is enjoying preschool! He looked so cute for his first day. I am sure that he is having a blast and making lots of new friends. I am so glad that you are pleased with your new arrangement for both boys. Can't wait for Ryan to join Anderson at school next year!!

Katy said...

Anderson looked very handsome in his sweater for his first day!!! So glad he's adjusting well again!

Natalie said...

So glad it went well...he looks so handsome:)

Andy and Jen said...

I was thinking about you last week, wondering how it was going. I hope you guys LOVE it there. I'm so excited to have our boys there next year too!