2.13.2008

Anderson's Dental Procedure

We went to have Anderson's cavities filled this morning. Our appointment was at 7:15am and therefore we had to WAKE our little man to get there in time (we never have to wake him for anything!) As soon as we get there, they give him a little grape 'cocktail'. The nurse told me to watch him in and that in about 15-20minutes he would become 'groggy' - that's not an adjective I'm very aware of in a 3 yr old. Sure enough, he starts stumbling and became very 'busy' (according to Anderson). With that I gathered him on my lap to read some books as he became more and more sedated. They came and took him back (Mommy couldn't go) and I didn't see him again for another hour or so. They said he did great but that he wasn't as sedated as they would of liked and therefore they took a bit longer than usual. After getting him home I layed him down for a nap, we read one book and as I was going to get him a 2nd book per his request, he fell asleep. I layed down with him for a couple of hours to get a little rest myself and to also keep an eye on it. He's still resting - poor little guy. The drug they used induces some sort of amnesia so he won't remember the cavities being filled. Thanks goodness. Thanks for everyone's prayers and good thoughts for my little man (& me too!).....

7 comments:

dandsratz said...

YEAH!!!! I was hoping that you had posted so I would know how everything went with little Anderson!! We were praying hard for him this AM! What a blessing that he won't remember it--why don't they do that for we adults!?! :) Kiss that little man from us!

Jamie said...

So glad that everything went well! Good thing he won't remember, he may not want to do it again! Hope the recovery goes well.

Rebekah Judd said...

Glad to know it went well. Sounds like you're holding up well also...I prayed for you more!!

anthonyandbeth said...

so glad it went well. i'm glad he won't have to remember! hope he continues to recover well this evening!

Jen said...

Glad everything went so well and he won't remember it. Know you're happy that's all taken care of.

The Petersons said...

Poor little guy! I know that was difficult for all of you. At least it's over and all is well. Take care!

Andy and Jen said...

Wow, I can't imagine having to go through that at 3 years old (or as a mom). What a trooper!