12.09.2008

an un-traditional Thanksgiving

Our last Thanksgiving in Va Beach started off at 6am - I headed downstairs and started whipping up my contributions to the day's feast - pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes & cranberry casserole, squash casserole. After I whipped those up, I proceeded to pack and clean non-stop until it was time to head to Paul & Rebekah's for Thanksgiving meal. The boys went on early to Paul & Rebekah's to have fun with family and also to give me and Mark some dedicated time to get the house in order. It's an interesting move when you only pack half of your home - - what's even more fun is making sure that the home still looks in 'showing' fashion. After stuffing ourselves with the feast, we got on the road. We stopped for the nite in Charlotte (thanks Brian & Monica) to rest and recharge, then drove the rest of the way to my parents' home in the ATL.


Here's the Judd caravan on Thanksgiving day - me & KatieBeth are driving (you can't see us), but there's Cathy driving the Infiniti, Scott driving their van, and Mark driving the good ole Penske! As you can see it was a great day for driving and the boys were great. (gotta love Kung Fu Panda!)

We were able to get settled in my parents home rather quickly, and suprisingly we're not as cramped as one would think! Anderson & Carter are sharing a room and that's going pretty well though we've had to do some major 'don't wake your brother' training in the mornings....


the boys "temporary" living situation

All in all, while it was a non-traditional turkey day, I was able to reflect during our drive about how thankful we are - for our health, our happiness, our friends & family - both near & far. The Lord has blessed us sooooo.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jen said...

Their room looks great! I'm fully expecting that the new picture will be on the Christmas cards - am I right?