12.09.2008

our last days in Va Beach

The week of Thanksgiving was a bit of a whirlwind for the Judds...

I worked my last 2 days at NS on Monday and Tuesday - my colleagues took me out to lunch on Monday and presented me with a cake, card & Tiffany bracelet to say 'see ya later'. It was nice - I thought I was going to be a bit more tearful over the potential end of my career, but was instead excited about what the Lord will be doing in our lives! I finally became teary as I said goodbye to my dear friend Barb in the parking deck, but other than that - it was pretty anti-climatic. I think there was so much 'maybe' going on regarding my work situation that I didn't fully grasp it.

Wednesday was Anderson's "last day" at Greenbrier. They had a Thanksgiving dinner with the parents and we were able to bring Mark's parents & sister (Katie-Beth) with us. We were sad to part with Greenbrier Christian - we had an amazing experience there and we knew Anderson would miss his friends and teachers... Another goodbye out of the way...

Anderson "happy" as an indian - Mommy & Daddy fashioned his vest & hat - he liked them before getting to school....

Notice the scowl on his face - he was not happy that he had to wear his vest - notice his other friends not donning them.... aha - peer pressure. ugh


Ryan and Anderson - best buds

Our church had a Thanksgiving eve service on Wednesday nite so we made an affair out of it - we met our friends there for one last 'farewell' dinner and enjoyed fellowshipping one more time before the official goodbyes would get underway... After the awesome worship service, the tears began - actually they began mid-way thru the service when I turned around and saw Jen getting weepy - then it was all over for me. I tried to focus on how 'thankful' I was that the Lord had brought the Judds to Va Beach for a reason - and I believe that reason to be the amazing friendships that awaited us there.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen said...

I shouldn't have checked your blog today. I was just feeling sad, and then read this and remembered why I felt sad. Miss you lots - I'm free tomorrow, wanna do CFA! Oh well, just a couple more weeks!

Katy said...

I LOVE these pictures! What a whirlwind of a few days it was - for sure! Ready for a road trip yet? :)