12.02.2008

Goosebumps and the story of the prodigal croc

This will have to be a picture-less post as I can't yet use my laptop from my parents home and the batteries in my camera are dead. Have lots of pictures to post later, but first a few comical tidbits to share....

Anderson & I are just chatting when all of sudden Anderson tells me "Mommy, you have goosebumps!". I'm thinking 'no I don't' but I go ahead and ask him more - and then he points to my face to a couple of ahem, pimples I have!!!!!!!! Can you believe that! Now my 4year old is pointing out my blemishes! Too cute - I didn't bother to correct him - I mean who wants their 4year old to have 'pimples' or 'zits' in their vocabulary!!!! ; )

Many friends know that over the summer, my sweet little Carter adorned a pair of Crocs - I loved those things - so easy to take off and on, easy to wash off, etc. Well, after a trip to Charlotte back in late summer one of them went missing - it was during our roadtrip so we assumed it fell out at some random gas station and that we would never see it again. Mark & I searched the car hi & low and finally gave up hope. I was laughing with my friend Jen a couple weeks ago that I was still holding on to the orphaned croc - still hoping that somehow the other croc would somehow 'show up'. Lo & behold, as we're loading up our car for the big move, guess what shows up!!!!!!!!!! So silly how I excited I was over the silly shoe, but I guess it shows me to always hope!!!

5 comments:

Katy said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FOUND THE CROC!!!!!! THat is sound funny! It sure would have made MY life alot easier the last few months! :) Just kidding -that really is so funny though that it turned out! And don't worry about Anderson pointing out your blemishes....I remember the first time Josiah pointed out one of mine - it was in public and very loud...he said something like "mommy, why do you have that big owwie on your face?" gotta love these boys! :)

Jen said...

That is absolutely hysterical. I can't believe the Croc turned up. Anna lost a shoe the other day at a store and it hasn't turned up yet. Maybe I'll just wait a couple of months! Great story!

anthonyandbeth said...

yes, and Addison one of her cutie socks at a walmart in TN so maybe i should hold on to it, in case it shows up! :) very cute story...i'm sure you were thrilled to see that little shoe!

and hilarious about Anderson's observation. they just say what they're thinking don't they! :)

hope y'all are settling in! ;)

Andy and Jen said...

You never know what may turn up during a move. Hope your adjustment is going well. Glad to get a chance to see you before you left!

Mike and Roseann said...

Not sure if you were aware of it missing but we have a piece to Anderson's spiderman transformer. I hope to get it in the mail to you ;)