12.11.2008

A busy "hump" day

Anderson had another "1st" day of preschool as he started at a preschool local to my parent's in ATL- he goes 3 days a week - Wed, Thur & Friday from only 9-12. He just walked right on in yesterday kinda like -come on, Mom- I've done this before!! He was happy as a clam and made himself right at home though would not oblige me with a photo with his new teachers. Oh well! I'm excited because I'm going to get fed too - next week I'll start in with the same church's MOPS program, and then in January I'm seriously considering joining in a Beth Moore study - Esther. I know that Beth Moore studies can be pretty rigorous (not from personal experience) but from many friends & family - but I think the timing is right and I think my Va Beach buddies will be doing the same study too - so it would be neat to do it together (kinda!)....

From Anderson's 1st day of school, we zipped home to eat a quick bite, I layed Carter down for a few minutes, then we headed to the doctor's office for Anderson's 4 year check-up. As I suspected, he checked out great. He's still a peanut - 10%ile for height, 25%ile for weight but the doctor was pleased with his health. Lord, thank you for the health of my boys!!!!

After we got home for a moment I decided I wanted to go to a class at the YMCA - mind you I'm still in mourning over the fact that they don't have Zumba, but I thought I would try a step class. Wow- I felt really uncoordinated! I had the stamina for the class, but hopefully the coordination will come later - I was really having a hard time keeping up with all the new steps! Hopefully Next time I'll get the swing a bit more!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear the first day was great. That's interesting that they go 3 days in a row, I've never heard of that. You'll love Beth Moore - it is a lot of work, but well worth the growth. Hoping today goes just as well - heard it's messy there just like it is here.

Natalie said...

Busy mommy. SOunds like you are getting this rountine down pat! Glad you are settling in.

Katy said...

MOPS is such a great program - I LOVED doing it here. And you KNOW I'll be voting for you to sign up Esther. it will kick your tail, but will be lifechanging for you! And we'll all do it together...sort of! :)