8.27.2008

No 'Itch' Here!

Mark & I celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss on Monday. I can't believe it's been that long! I am so thankful that the Lord united us - Mark is an amazing hubby and I couldn't ask for a better daddy to my boys. Even though our days and weeks can be crazy and stressed, I never want to lose sight of the fact that the Lord has provided these days of joy to Mark & me - we are soooo blessed!!!

To celebrate, we headed to Williamsburg (no boys allowed) for a nite to ourselves. We headed 1st to Busch Gardens - we thought it would be fun to do the park without a stroller - we had fun, but I think we both decided that it's more fun with our boys! We took off from BG and headed to our resort - awesome! We enjoyed some wine & watched 'Enchanted' which happened to be on cable (I love that movie!). We slept in on Saturday and headed to a 'southern style breakfast' and then headed to the Williamsburg Winery. We enjoyed the tour & tasting but were anxious to head back (can you believe that?). We then stopped off at Trader Joes (Mark had never been) and then went to recollect our precious gifts (Anderson & Carter). This was Carter's 1st nite without both Mommy & Daddy and he did great!!!! Thanks Uncle Paul & Aunt Rebekah!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Mark and Heather! We wish you many, many more womderful years together.

Katy said...

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some time away! I forgot to ask if you still woke up at 5:30 AM on Saturday...hopefully not! :)

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary - glad you 2 got a little time away!