4.15.2009

Virginia is for Friends (not Lovers)

The boys & I traveled to Va Beach during Spring Break to visit friends and our place formerly known as "home". We had a great time picking right up where we left off, but the week went by way too fast! We stayed with the Maggiores again - it works really well for us - we get more play time and avoid messing up my 'on the market' home, plus the grown-ups can hang at nap & bed times!

My pictures are out of order and I certainly didn't capture all of our fun, but here are some pics... somehow I didn't manage a grown-up photo at all, and I didn't get any good pics of my boys with Jen's girls (ARGH!).

Anderson & Ryan have been dying to ride bikes together - here they all, quite 'matchy'. They had a blast racing back & forth!

Carter is all-boy! After he got wet by this puddle accidentally, I didn't bother to restrain him further since he was already all wet & dirty. Here he is swimming in the puddle (yes, I'm that mom!)

my sweet niece Avery playing 'peek-a-boo' - she is growing sooo fast and I'm loving her shy emerging personality!

Here are the cousins hanging out on the slides.... (they actually kinda look alike here!)

Happy boy!
We got to play with the Schrodts for an afternoon and enjoyed a delicious dinner with them (thanks Katy!). I was only able to get pictures of Anderson & Josiah, for some reason couldn't get Anderson & both Schrodt boys in the same pic.... They had a blast playing Star Wars (can't you tell) and Carter had fun with Callie (although Carter doesn't enjoy sharing yet!!!)

I got to spend a morning with Jamie while Ryan was at school, but suprisingly Anderson & Emily played well together - they were cuddled up while Anderson enjoyed Ryan's Leapster - I couldn't get a picture of them without Emily being aware!


We left VA at 5:30 Friday a.m. to head to Macon for Easter. I literally put the boys in the car in their PJs - here is me dangerously driving & taking a picture of sleeping Anderson, but I couldn't resist (actually, I was at a light!!!!)

4 comments:

Katy said...

it was SO fun seeing you - i was so glad that we were able to steal you for an afternoon and enjoy our time catching up. it felt just like old times having the boys back over at our house!!! can't wait to do it again...maybe at the new house? :)

Natalie said...

I LOVE THE MUD PICTURE!!!! I am that mom too:) So is Sue....ask her about our rain playdate!!!! It was so good to see you and give you a squeeze...miss you so:)

Jen said...

The best part was Carter coming home completely stripped and all smiles - probably the most fun he's ever had at a park. We'll have to do better about pictures next time, but at least we have mental pictures!

anthonyandbeth said...

so glad you got to visit and the kids could see their VA friends! wish we could have see you too. :)