11.04.2010

Race to Rally Hope 5K

My good friend Jill is a beginner runner (not that I'm an old seasoned runner), but I told her if she found a local 5K I'd run it with her. We signed up to do 'Race to Rally Hope' which has a 5K, 10K and a kids fun-run. We decided to sign the boys up for the fun-run figuring it would be a fun thing for them to do. It was a great morning -a bit cool, but perfect for running. Jill did fabulous and ran the whole thing. My only disappointment is that I didn't sign up for the 10K- it was essentially another loop of the 5K course so I could have kept on running, but oh well. Live and learn!!! Up next, I plan on training for a 1/2 marathon. I'm excited!


Evan & Anderson nearing the finish line!

all participants got a medal

all the 'runners'


so our men ended up having to give the 3 year olds a major assist - they weren't as interested in running as their big brothers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Katy said...

i LOVE it!!! seems like i remember you saying long ago that you hated running!!! look at you now - it's addictive isn't it? :) welcome to the club!!