11.04.2008

The early bird gets the worm? I voted.....

You ever hear the saying "the early bird gets the worm"? Well, I arrived at the poll this a.m. at 6 thinking I'd cast my vote and be home in 10minutes for Mark to do his duty. Yeah, right!! I got there at 6, waited in the rain for 10minutes, then got to wait inside for another hour & half! It was somewhat chaotic as one of the 'volunteers' kept letting people go ahead - she didn't mean to, she just didn't have a clue! Anyway, after finally getting out of there, I headed home to let Mark go to work. As painful as the hour and a half standing in line was, I was sooooo glad I didn't have 2 precious little Judd boys with me!!!! Shortly I'll be heading to Starbucks & Chick-fil-a to redeem my "voting perks"!

Please please pray for our country and its leadership.

1 comments:

Katy said...

Yep, it was crazy. I saw HUNDREDS of people already at the polls when I was running at 5:30 am. NUTS!! I was one of those people with two kids in two at the voting booth, but they did great! And the free stuff was great too!