11.17.2008

Our "going home" party

My best friends Jen & Jamie hosted a 'going home' party for us Judds - it was quite surreal attending our 'going away' party. I was really scared about the evening worried that I would spend it tearful, but instead it was a happy occasion, a wonderful reminder of how blessed we have been to have lived here the last 5 years and the amazing friends the Lord has brought our way. I know that we were brought here to Va Beach with a purpose, and it is crystal clear to me, that the Lord brought us in fellowship with amazing families 'on the same page' with us. I know that because of these friendships, that I am better equipped to do 'life'. We have established many friendships that will last a lifetime - -of that I am certain. Here are some pics from the evening - unfortunately my picture taking started a bit late in the nite so I missed some snapshots with some dear friends....

my peeps - Jen, me & Jamie
the Jackson family - Jessica, Chris & Cody -expecting another little one in April!!!


Barb - a friend from work, spending some quiet time 'teaching' Carter. Barb is one of those special friends whom I just think the world of. I haven't known her more than 1year and a half, but love this woman! She is so wise, and she is amazing!
the 3 little friends - after the festivities, Mark was able to quickly capture a rare photo of these best buds!
me & Mark with Sue & Dave

the Judds & Schrodts - Katy & David have been a huge blessing to our family - not once, but twice, Katy has lovingly cared for my boys for extended periods of time -Anderson from 10months to 2years and Carter from 8months to 18months. We will never be able to fully express our gratitude for the blessing they've been to us!!!the Maggiores & Judds....

the 'other' Judds - Paul & Rebekah....

small group friends (and SEC comrades!) Elizabeth & Daniel with their girls Reagan & Bellawork friends Kristen & Barb (with curious Carter)

our dear friends the Liberatores - Mark met Mike at work and we've been friends ever since - their boys Niko & Tony are great buddies with Anderson & Carter. Niko and Anderson went to 'school' together for 1year.... They are precious friends with generous hearts!
Amy & Chris Purcell -small group friends we recently bonded with in Nags Head...

April, David & Kayla - April & I used to work out (or walk) together sometimes - this girl cracks me up!

the men.... (what Hunks!!)

the women... (what an amazing support network!!)

this is what Anderson & Ryan did all nite long -Wrestle!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, Paul & Mark actually dressed alike - not on purpose, but I guess it's the twin thing!!!!!! For those of you who can't tell - Mark is left, Paul right....

an attempt at getting a family photo.... UGH!

Our friend Chris Jackson served as a live jungle gym for the kids all evening - kids climbed on him all night long!!!Judds & Saunders....... (Kevin - open your eyes!!!!!)






















2 comments:

Katy said...

What a GREAT GREAT night it was. I told Beth the same thing - that I expected to be all emotional and sappy and turned out to be just so much fun to be all together and watch our kids romp together. What an amazing group of people we have. You got WONDERFUL pictures with everyone - i LOVE them! We love you - you are going to be SORELY missed!!! (and I noticed that Mark & Paul were matchy matchy - I loved it....and did you notice that you guys sat by the wrong spouse in the picture with April and David? Hilarious!)

Jen said...

You got great pictures - hopefully you can make a really cool collage for your picture frame. We love you guys so much and know that our friendship will cross state lines. Just think, we can party like this every time you come into town!!!!!