11.11.2008

Is this denial?

It's no secret that the Judds are moving. At first I didn't post about our move thinking the date was still aways away, then I didn't want to post because the cat wasn't completely out of the bag in regards to our workplaces, but lately I haven't wanted to post because I don't have eloquent words to say and can't think of the words to capture the thousand different feelings & emotions going on in my mind. It's amazing that you can have so many different thoughts & opinions on one topic. We are excited about our move to Atlanta, but more than anything my heart hurts for the soon to be 600+ miles between me and my best friends. What makes my eyes water even faster is the distance we are putting between my boys (mainly Anderson of course) and his best buddies. His best buddies since birth and even before! We have such an amazing support 'network' here that I'm scared about 'starting over'. When we left Atlanta, we weren't parents, so this will be a brand new experience for us.

So that's enough for now, I can't think too much about it all or my head will explode. Off to find a box to pack I suppose....

5 comments:

Rebekah Judd said...

Sniff.

The Petersons said...

Wow! I had no idea! Heather, I know how difficult this will be for all of you. We had a hard time leaving there when Hunter was just 18 months. I'm dreading our upcoming move (sometime this summer - details still a mystery!) for so many of the same reasons that you listed. The friends we've made here are ones that Hunter, and Hannah to some extent, will remember. I know we will have so many challenges ahead. I will be praying for all of you as you prepare for this new phase of life. At least you can find comfort in knowing that family will be close by. I feel certain that God has very special plans for the Judd family.

anthonyandbeth said...

i know how hard moving is! i've done it SO much our short almost 9 years of marriage! even though you know it's the right move for your family it's never easy to do. the blogs help a little. :) the kids will be fine. they really adjust so well at this age. and your best friends will remain just that! talk often and keep each other informed on the every day stuff of life, the same way you do now. that's what will make the distance seem not so far. i made katy promise when i moved that we would talk everyday, like we always had. she probably thought i was nuts...i was moving, who does that??!!! :) but seriously, it's so normal for us and i feel as close if not closer to her now than i ever had. you make the most of it and thank the Lord for having the opportunity to meet these VA people you wouldn't have otherwise known had you not come in the first place!! God DOES have big plans for the Judd's and he has friendships planned for you in GA too. it will be hard, it will be hard to plug in to a new church but just force yourself and it will eventually all come together. i promise! :) and the family part will definitely help! love you Heather!!!

Jen said...

Too sad to comment...but you do know I'll always love you and Erin will always love Nini!

Katy said...

Does Erin seriously still call Anderson Nini? Hilarious. Anyways, I second everything that Beth said. We're ALL still in denial. My boys are sad bigtime about their friend Anderson moving away - they were looking at Georgia tonight on placemats...at least maybe it will make the FL drive more pleasant in the future if we make a Judd pitstop!!! Okay, back to living in denial....