10.10.2008

so much to do, so little time for blogging!

One of my favorite past-times, blogging, has been shelved the last couple of weeks. We've just been crazy busy. I still have more pics to post from our FLA vacation, from the marriage retreat, from Anderson's 1st soccer game and more!! I'm about to take a gazillion more pics this weekend for Anderson's bday party and we have family here (always a reason to take pics), and my sweet niece Avery's 1st bday is this weekend too!!!! ARGH, I'm falling more & more behind! Oh well.

Here's something I've wanted to post for awhile for memory sake, so this will just have to do for now!!!! And, to boot, I'm so far behind reading friends blogs too - I don't feel like I know what is going on with anyone right now!!!! I will catch up soon (i hope!!!)

Anyway, a couple weeks ago we had Carter's 15month check-up and Anderson wanted to go with me so he could hold Carter's hand (great big brother!). I also found out that the flu shots were in and that both boys could get them too at our visit -so grateful since this would save a later trip & gas, etc. Anyway, this meant that Anderson would now be getting a shot too. This boy loves to get shots - from the moment I told him, he said "it won't hurt me" - "I won't cry". I'm thinking to myself, we'll see about that. In the past he has done great, but as he's getting older & more fearful of 'stuff', I thought for sure he'd wimper a little... Carter's shots come & go and Anderson is the great big bro holding his hand and comforting him. Here comes Anderson's turn - he just watches the nurse give him the shot - he didn't look away, no flinching, no tears -nothing!!! He must have gotten that from Mark, b/c I'm a big wuss when it comes to needles & shots (I mean huge wuss!). Anyway, here is the best part:

Mommy: "maybe you can be a doctor or nurse one day, Anderson - you did so great with the shot!"

Anderson: "nah, I just want to be regular, like daddy, I want to be a dad!"

Doesn't that just melt your heart!!!!! What an impression Mark has made on my boys!!

1 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

that is precious! those times do melt your heart! and i think Anderson needs to pass on his courage to my boys. they FREAKED out the last time they got shots and it was quite the embarrassment! not looking forward to the next time!