6.22.2008

Awww pickles!

Most of you mommy bloggers have seen Higglytown Heroes on Disney a time or too- you'll recognize Twinkle's phrase - "awww pickles". Well today did I ever have the opportunity to use that phrase!! As I was cleaning up from our lunch this afternoon, somehow the jar of pickles slipped from my hand and crashed onto the tile floor. Glass everywhere, pickles everywhere, green pickle juice everywhere!!!! About 30minutes later, the floor was free from all the thousand chards of glass, the green pickle juice, etc! This morning in Sunday school we were talking about praising God when something bad happens - well, my experience today wasn't very extreme, but I praised God that my boys had just gone outside and therefore were not sliced or cut by the gazillion pieces of glass, I praised God that besides having pickled feet for a few minutes, my feet were spared from injury and I also praised God that the 'scene of the crime' was far enough from my white carpet that it too was spared! Anyway, next time you come across a jar of pickles - take caution!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love the title of this one...I am sure that is what you said when you dropped the jar!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a chance to put our small group lesson into practice...even at the expense of a perfectly good jar of pickles :) Hope you have a great day!

Natalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new picture up top.