9.06.2007

Thumbsucker!!!

It is now official, Carter is a thumbsucker! I had seen him making a move towards his hand a couple weeks ago, and while we were vacationing in Jacksonville I captured some thumbsucking on camera! Several times now I've caught him in the act. Anderson was (& still is) a paci boy, so it will be interesting to see a 'thumbsucker' in action! I'm excited that we won't have to answer paci calls in the middle of the nite (which we still do for Anderson), but I'm already dreading the bribery that will take place to break Carter of his beloved thumb! I've heard stories of adults who still suck their thumbs (not that theres anything wrong with that!), but I sure hope Carter will grow out of it when time is right!!

5 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

what a sweet boy! it's a comfort thing mommy! :) my sister Grace's daughter Baylee is a thumbsucker. It's a hard habit to break, at least with a paci you can stop cold turkey if you have to! Baylee has actually sucked her thumb raw before! I hope he'll suck in moderation! :) i've missed you blogging! good to see little carter again. when do you start work?

Jen said...

I love the beach picture, priceless. He is so super cute, I'm dying to see him again, it's been too long. Glad ya'll are back and here for a while. We missed you!

Katy said...

Oh he's just so cute! And I feel like I remember Anderson in that bathing suit not that long ago!!!! I think you're right - it appears to be official!!! Josiah sucked his thumb for about 2 months (from 5 months - 7 months). We only let him do it when he was sleeping, and then he just stopped on his own. Glad not to have to deal with it. Mandisa (from American Idol) sucked her thumb until she was like 25!!!

dandsratz said...

These pictures are SOOO sweet! I love it!

Jayne said...

Heather, there is nothing sweeter in my opinion than a thumb-sucker! I am of course prejudiced because my Grayson has been one. I am glad to report that I was nervous as are you about "how do you take the thumb away?" Grayson only will stick that thumb into the mouth when he's in bed, so at least the angels only get to see this cute, sweet picture!