9.06.2007

Labor Day in Jacksonville

Last week we flew south to Jacksonville for one last hoorah before my maternity leave ended and I had to return to work. Mark's aunt & uncle live there and its an easy jaunt from Macon so that Mark's parents could join us. Along with Aunt Peggy & Uncle Greg, their 19 yr old daughter Jessica was home along with her boyfriend. Katie Beth and Grandmother Stephens came down to play too! We had a great time - we always have so much fun just hanging out with the family. The flight down was great, both boys exceeding my expectations - after the excitement of take-off Anderson layed down and napped and Carter did great too - not even a whimper!!! This was Carter's 1st airplane ride!!!




We found ourselves spending quite a bit of time in the pool - which Anderson absolutely adores! Many a friend has witnessed my fearless Anderson and the pool - a little bit scary to see him with faith like a child assuming someone will be there for him. I love it though, while I want him to have respect for the water, I don't want him to ever be afraid of it.


Carter enjoyed the pool too - his 17lbs is making him quite buoyant! Mark only has to put his hand behind his head and he is able to float on his back!!

We went to the beach on 2 days down there - Carter napped on a towel and Anderson enjoyed playing in the sand with Nana - including a sand throwing fight!!



The other day at the beach we had some fun on the jetskis - actually Mark and everyone else had fun on the jetskis, I did NOT enjoy them! Mark took me for a spin on one of them and I didn't like it at all!! I think something about not being in control bothered me. I could not wait to get off the jetski on solid ground!! Nana bought Anderson his very own jetski which he had an absolute blast with!!





Thanks for the great time Henderson family!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like it was a blast and you'll have lots of good memories. Glad the airplane ride went so well!

anthonyandbeth said...

looks like fun! so glad you were able to take a nice family trip before you started work! so cute, Carter floating! :) and Anderson looked like he was REALLY enjoying himself on vacation!

Natalie said...

What a fun trip!!! BTW, I am so excited to have Anderson in one of my Sunday school rooms! YEAH!!!!

Katy said...

Oh man - how fun is that! Anderson looked so cute with his little jetski too - and I love that all his pictures his little ribs are poking out...and then there's Carter!!! Looks SO adorable floating in the water. Bouyant - that's hilarious!

dandsratz said...

What a FUN trip ya'll had!! Heather, the picture of Carter laying on the beach with his hands above his head is SOOOOO adorable!! What perfect little loves you have!! :)