9.09.2007

Back to Work

Last week was my first week back to work after my 13 week maternity leave. Needless to say I was very anxious about my return - my transition with Anderson didn't go very smooth, but this time around was soooo different and Carter was a champ! Mark & I both went to take the boys to daycare for the "1st day of school" on Tuesday and I didn't even cry like I thought I would! I kept waiting for my tears to come, but they never did! I made 2 nervous calls to the childcare provider once I was at work and she had 2 great reports for me - Carter was taking the bottle & napping well! Praise the Lord!! I have to admit when we sent him to daycare, he hadn't exactly been taking the bottle very well. After about 2 weeks of "intense" bottle training he was OK at the bottle, but I certainly didn't expect the great reports about my little man chuggalugging all 3 bottles!! It looks like we'll be able to protect the routine & schedule we've worked so hard at and our childcare provider was very receptive to our 'Babywise' way.

When I arrived at work I expected to be inundated with emails & phone calls and a lot of 'catch up', but again another smooth transition! The fabulous lady who handled my business while I was out did a fantastic job and has made my return go extremely well. I am so thankful for her making my return easy!

Thanks to all my family & friends who prayed for our transition. I truly appreciated your calls & support!!

6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

so glad it was a smooth transition! sounds like the boys did a GREAT job and I'm so excited your childcare provider will be able to keep Carter on his little schedule! You'd hate to go back to sleepless nights and work! :) I'm happy things are going well, I'm sure it has made your return to work less stressful! Praise the Lord! :)

Michelle said...

Wow. What a relief. I'm glad it's going well...

Jen said...

I'm so glad Carter is adjusting so well and he is easy going. What a nice surprise to have your "replacement" do such a great job at keeping on top of things. I know that was such a relief for you. Hope it all keeps flowing from here!

Katy said...

I was so glad to hear that it went well for you this time! We've been praying for the transition and glad that it's been a good one so far. Did Anderson think it was fun having his brother there with him? You see - all that hard work has paid off!!! you're doing great - keep it up! :) I just wish that I could keep them at my house!!!

Natalie said...

Glad to hear it all went well. Seems like the second go-round is always easier!

dandsratz said...

Heather, I'm so glad to hear that your transition was so great!! PTL!! :)