1.02.2010

The Nativity

I absolutely love Nativities- I think they are beautiful on every level - it's one of my favorite things to do each Christmas is to pull out the Nativity set and set the characters in motion - and remember the birth of our Savior!



my original nativity- Mark & I got it our 1st Christmas




my mom gave me this one this year- I love the colors and the detail




my new favorite nativity - one that my boys will actually be able to play with in the years to come and maybe pass down one day to their children - I recently 'crafted' this nativity during our time in the TN mountains after Christmas. My sister-in-law Monica has a friend who had made one and she fell in love with it. We replicated the nativity that was posted on The Pioneer Woman's blog (which I love!). Monica made one for her family, Rebekah made one for her family using scrapbook paper (vs felt) and I made the above one for our family. Monica carefully traced the images so we could create templates and our father-in-law Scott cut and sanded the wood. Once the paper templates were created, we each cut our individual pieces using the colors we desired for each piece. This was a laborious 'craft' but was so much fun to do with Monica and Rebekah - we spent hours upon hours around the kitchen table cutting our little characters. I'm so glad that in the future years I'll have such a wonderful rememberance of this time together!

the wise men

the baby that changed it all!

a few furry friends, a couple shepherds and an angel....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jen said...

It makes so much more sense now that I see it. I was totally picturing figures made out of wood and wondering how in the world you all carved all the characters. I love the finished product and I bet the boys will love it for years to come.

Katy said...

oh WOW - i LOVE it!!! i wish I had a nativity set in every room of my house. what a special memory you have created - an heirloom....you might need to make a second set so you can hand one down to BOTH of your boys when they grow up...

anthonyandbeth said...

beautiful heather!!!