5.08.2008

Mark

Last Saturday, just like every Saturday morning, we were leaving our home to head for breakfast - this time we left a few minutes later than usual. For some reason we were a bit delayed - WOW, what a few moments can do. My neighborhood was extremely busy due to a neighborhood yard sale -as we were pulling out there was a bicyclist -we waited for him to pass then got ready to pull out of our driveway when I noted to Mark that I saw the biker on the ground. Instantly Mark got out to help and I stayed in the car with the boys. The bicyclist wasn't wearing a helmet and he had done a head dive when a lady opened her car door at the exact time the man was passing by. Needless to say it was a pretty gruesome sight - a big reminder that we should all wear helmets when on bikes, scooters, you name it. Mark helped the man to the sidewalk as he is moaning and groaning and there is blood everywhere. As some neighbors were calling 911 the injured biker mentions that he is HIV positive. This is where everything changed - Mark panicked as he had the man's blood on him. He only had a small splash on him but Mark hasn't been the same since - we know, without a doubt, that there is NO way he could be infected since he didn't have any open wounds or cuts, but this occurrence has really torn Mark apart. Eventhough he realizes it's not rational to be scared, he has been ridden with anxiety. I've never seen him like this before. We've shared this with many friends and family soliciting your prayers for Mark - that he would have peace and claim victory over Satan's attack. Here it is Thursday and Mark is still realing. It's obvious to me that God has a purpose in the events of last weekend and that He is trying to get Mark's attention. Anyway, I debated blogging about this, but thought it best to inform everyone so they could lift up Mark.

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

Katy told me about this! I've been thinking about him a lot and I hope he's feeling better about things.

Katy said...

It's just such a horrible accident to have been part of. I'm so thankful that you were not involved in the cause of the accident, but I know how torn up he is after witnessing something like that. We are continuing to pray for God's PEACE for him.