2.24.2009

On a 'break'...

Unfortunately, I have been forced to take a break from blogging. We've been having some computer issues for the last several months which made posting pictures and therefore blogging quite painful. We were struck by what we think to be the 'Vista' virus and struggled with getting rid of it. When we finally thought it was gone, it would propagate and show back up. Very frustrating. I was still spending some time on the virused laptop when we received some startling news last week - account of the virus, we became victims of identity theft. Someone purchased a very expensive laptop using our PayPal account (can you say $2700?). Ugh, anyway we feel certain we will be restored monetarily thru PayPal though we haven't received final word yet on that matter. At any rate, this has induced a fear of using 'that laptop' and therefore I have been relegated to naptime usage of my parents' computer and naturally I don't want to upload photos to their computer. We are 'shopping' for a new laptop (although ironically I technically own a very expensive new laptop!) so I can't wait to finally be back to 'normal' computer time, which obviously includes BLOGGING! Anyway, I'm trying to catch up a bit on reading some of your blogs!!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

oh - that's awful!!!! Hopefully you can be virus-free soon and back to "normal"!!!

Jayne said...

That's an amazing story! I remember when Trevor and I had to pay a lot of money for a guy to come into our house for about 25 minutes to "clean-up" our computer. It was nice to have it taken care of though!! So sorry to have missed you on your last visit to HR!

Leonard said...

Thaanks great blog