5.10.2010

The Race!

Our team was called 'Saving Second Base in the ATL'. Don't think about it too hard - - for some reason, I didn't "get" our team's name at first ... but then light bulb moment. A bit risque, but all in good fun! We were on a team with about 6 or 7 other women but I don't have a team shot....


Amy, me, Nancy


The back of our shirts indicated our line-up (us), survivors we were running for (MVPs) and angels who we ran for their memory and their courageous fight!

My goal was to run the entire 5K and I was successful - - not one stop and I felt GREAT after the race. It was quite hot and there were more hills than I expected, but other than that - I'm ready to train for another run!


after the race! YEAH, we did it!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebekah Judd said...

I guess it's better than the straight-up "Save the Ta-Tas" (though I must admit I like that phrase as well). I'm sure Mark was just proud of the baseball reference. Great job!! I thought of you on Saturday and wondered how you felt afterwards. Sounds like you're getting the running bug. You look great!!

Katy said...

Good for you - you did it!! LOVE the picctures - you look SO excited!!! What was your time? Since that was your first 5K, it was a PR (personal record!) Hooray Heather!!! :)